How many of us have moments of stillness in our professional grind?
I’m willing to bet, not many.
For me, trying to be still is like a form of torture. I think that’s why “Be still and know that I am God” is a Bible verse that I constantly have to revisit.
Without quiet time, we put ourselves at risk of not being present, and not knowing what we really want in life.
Dina Cataldo said she found stillness in chemotherapy treatments. Dina is a personal coach, criminal prosecutor, and host of the Soul Roadmap podcast.
Years of working 70+ hour work weeks and always being “go, go, go” grinded to a halt after Dina was diagnosed with breast cancer at 29 years old.
Dina said the diagnosis was the “best thing that ever happened” to her and felt like a “vacation” compared to her legal career.
Her reasoning? It taught her how to have quiet time to think.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Dina approached her personal and professional life differently while undergoing chemotherapy.
- What makes us feel like we are spinning our wheels, even after we’ve achieved our goals or professional milestones.
- Why asking for help is not a sign of weakness — despite the stigma that says it is.
- How to live better by understanding our Thought Cycles, and what we can do to improve ours.
- What it looks like to live our lives with intention, even if that means becoming a morning person or slowing down.
- The advice Dina would tell her younger high-achieving self.
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling realllly generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on iTunes. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
Morning Roadmap (FREE Guide)
Surviving Success: When Mastery Becomes Mundane with Kelsey Ramsden (Episode 37)
Mental Wellness at Work With Megan Rafuse (Episode 35)
Divorce, Defeat & Deciding Differently with Mike Kim (Episode 29)
Sleeping My Way To The Top (Episode 12)
9 Secrets to a Kick-Ass Morning Routine (Episode 8)
Respite for the Weary (Episode 7)
5 Ways to Avoid Burnout (Episode 6)
Chasing Slow (Episode 1)
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com