Depending on your personality, strategic planning can feel scary or energizing.
We feel scared to move out of our comfort zone and go for our big, ambitious goals. Yet we feel energized, because those big ambitious goals could become a reality.
There are many philosophies on how to strategically plan, but Jessica Mae Stafford, Chief Vision and Brand Officer of The Bottom Line CPA and cofounder of ProfitHERO, keeps hers simple: “What works best for you is what’s going to work.”
Jessica joins me today on Diary of a Doer to share all of her amazing, quotable wisdom about strategic planning for the New Year. (If you think I’m no-B.S. just wait until you hear her!)
In this episode, you will hear:
- The fatal mistake most entrepreneurs make when planning (spoiler: it has to do with your calendar)
- The reason your strategic process feels incredibly impersonal and how to make yourself a priority again.
- The pitfalls of planning by yourself (and Jessica’s hilarious rant about Facebook accountability groups).
- The No. 1 barrier that keeps you from really GOING FOR your big, ambitious goal — and what to do about it.
- How to stay committed to the vision, even when there are shifts to the plan.
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling realllly generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on iTunes. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
5 Outcomes for Successful Calendar Management (Episode 38)
4 Small Actions That Create Big Momentum (Episode 50)
8 Barriers to Doing What You Were Created To Do (Episode 47)
Six Steps To Creating Content Your Audience Wants to Consume (Episode 28)
8 Customer Experience Stages You Should Master To Never Lose A Customer Again (Episode 26)
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com