Every relationship has a honeymoon period — the time when you feel all the warm fuzzies and can’t imagine ever feeling anything but POSITIVE about the future.
Then a storm hits.
The relationship arc is a 5-stage concept developed by psychologist Bruce Tuckman in the mid-1960s that describes the PROCESS teams go through as people form bonds and learn to work together.
In today’s episode you’ll hear:
- The specifics of the 5 stages: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and Adjourning/Mourning
- What to expect from each stage AND how to navigate them as a leader
- How to PREVENT yourself from spiraling during Storming
- Why Storming can make-or-break a team
- How to guide your team into Norming and Performing
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling really generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
Season 1 Episode 36 – Preparing For Your First (Or Next) Hire
Season 2 Episode 10: Ethical Leadership: a QuickStart Guide to Building Diverse Teams
$100-off Onboarding Success Kit (code given in Season 2 Episode 12)