As a leader, there’s a tremendous responsibility to feel like you’ve got it all together. But over time, this can take a toll on you and your business.
With an EA as your stabilizing force, you can relax because you know they’ve got it covered.
What It Looks Like for EAs to Create Stability
- They take a few steps ahead of you. You want an EA who’s going to pay attention to the things that might stress you out. You need someone to look out for you when you’re not looking out for yourself.
- They create systems to remember details so you don’t have to. They find joy in juggling the details. Your EA should be able to balance work and family time for you as well as your energy highs and lows throughout the week.
- They’re not reliant on you to feel confident about themselves. You want your EA to exude confidence, not in a cocky way, but in an I’ve-got-you way. They make you feel supported.
How Do I Know If I’ve Hired the Right Person?
- Test for character. Give scenario-based questions to help you see how they’re going to respond to actual, real-life situations that have already happened to you.
- Get feedback from your team and your customers. People are going to tell you how you’re doing if you just ask them.
- Look at the 5 P’s: Personality, Passion, Purpose, Proficiency, and Pizzaz!
With an EA as your stabilizing force, you can relax because you know they’ve got it covered. Give them a foundation so that later on, they end up being the foundation and the stability for you.
If you want to learn more about hiring an EA so you can do better and be a better leader, check out the Diary of a Doer Podcast.