Hiring a new team member is such a big step, and not one to be taken lightly. We speak with business owners and CEOs every day who express a desire for outside help, but that doesn’t mean everyone is ready for that commitment.
In this episode, you’ll hear the 5 reasons you aren’t ready to hire a virtual assistant, and what to do about it.
- Money is tight — hiring is an investment, but if your money is better spent on product development and marketing to earn more revenue, it may be better to operate lean than to overextend yourself.
- You can’t delegate — there are myriad reasons why leaders struggle with delegation. If you relate to this inability to let go, use this “4 bucket” exercise to help you figure out exactly what to take off your plate. You may also find it helpful to read How to Decide What to Outsource to a Virtual Assistant.
- You don’t have documented SOPs — we strongly believe that you should have your house in order before adding new members. In today’s episode, we discuss the benefits to having standard operating procedures and why they should precursor a new hire.
- You have poor leadership skills — the first law of John C. Maxwell’s “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership,” states that the capability of an organization’s leadership is a lid on the organization’s overall performance. Take this quiz to find out how you measure up as a leader.
- You don’t have the right idea of who to hire — today, I walk through our philosophy for hiring, so you can avoid hiring someone who isn’t a good fit.
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling realllly generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on iTunes. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com