When you have a team… mistakes are a part of the game.
No matter how catchy that sounds, or how easily I say that to you… it doesn’t change how mistakes make you feel.
If you’re like me, you hate the CONSEQUENCES of mistakes. You know they will happen — because your team is human! But when you lose money, lose clients or lose trust…it’s hard to roll with the punches.
In this episode, you will learn how to navigate mistakes with your team.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Why CEOs would rather keep work on their plate than risk their team making mistakes
- The importance of teaching your team to try – even if it results in “failure”
- The foundation of trust, which includes responsibility, accountability and ownership
- When to develop and when to discipline your team
- The importance of pausing before you react to bad news
Here are other resources I mention:
Stay connected to Diary of a Doer:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling really generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
If you like this episode, you may be interested in:
3 Ways to Change Your Money Mindset & Become A Better Leader (Season 3, Episode 14)
Dear Inner Control Freak (Season 3, Episode 18)
Imposter Syndrome: The Accidental Entrepreneur (Season 2, Episode 15)
Schedule a FREE strategy call!
A Leader’s New Hire Checklist
Connect with Priority VA
Follow me at @Trivinia