As an entrepreneur, it can be tough to know how to lead a team effectively.
Leading a team is hard work. It’s full of challenges, bumps in the road, and moments where you feel like you’re not cut out for the job.
Despite the challenges, leadership is always worth it. When you work with people, you will be close to their strengths — and weaknesses — but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
If you’re feeling burnt out on leadership, or wondering if you have anything left to give, I have some encouraging words for you.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- How to get the commitment you expect from your team — based on your example
- My “put a ring on it” moment from team building
- The importance of your consistent engagement as a Leader
- Why you need to treat your team how THEY need to be treated
- How I “hold space” for my team and their different personalities
- The role of radical honesty in leadership
Here are other resources I mention:
- Sally Hogshead and her signature FascinateⓇ test
- Kolbe A™ to A™ reports & consulting
- Enneagram personality tests
Stay connected to Diary of a Doer:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling really generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
If you like this episode, you may be interested in:
Reflecting on Vulnerability in Leadership (Season 3, Episode 37)
My Advice to Young Entrepreneurs (Season 3, Episode 34)
FREE GUIDE: 50 Things to Outsource to an Executive Assistant
Schedule a FREE strategy call!
A Leader’s New Hire Checklist
Connect with Priority VA
Follow me at @Trivinia