Have you ever met an incredible person while interviewing candidates for a job and thought to yourself… you’re not right for THIS position…but if I had a different role for you… I’d hire you on the spot!
Today, I’m asking the question: can, or should, we ever hire a stellar candidate even if we don’t have a position for them to fill?
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- What to do when you meet a qualified candidate that you don’t have a role for
- The perks of hiring quality talent year-round
- How hiring without a role can prevent capacity issues
- The importance of hiring for passion, purpose and proficiency
- Why hiring without a role is a gamble…here is what to look out for
Here are other resources I mention:
- When to Take a Chance on an Imperfect Job Candidate by Rebecca Knight
- Enduring The Recession by the Gravy Team
Stay connected to Diary of a Doer:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling really generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
If you like this episode, you may be interested in:
Why Having A Trusted Team Is Key To Delivering Client Expectations (Season 3, Episode 25)
The Story of Rebuilding My Entire Team (Season 3, Episode 12)
Building A Better Team Starts With Knowing Thy Self (Season 3, Episode 09)
Schedule a FREE strategy call!
A Leader’s New Hire Checklist
Connect with Priority VA
Follow me at @Trivinia