Everyone has been affected by grief at some point in life. You may have experienced a devastating loss of a friend or family member or felt America’s collective grief during the pandemic, a contentious election, and news of war.
In grief, we are saddled between two worlds. One in which we feel devastating loss. In the other, we show up for work, go on vacation, watch funny movies and give ourselves permission to feel joy and laughter.
Here to help us navigate these two worlds is my friend Dr. Sherry Walling. Sherry is a clinical psychologist, speaker, podcaster, author, and mental health advocate. Her company, ZenFounder, helps entrepreneurs and leaders navigate transition, rapid growth, loss and conflict.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Sherry’s second book, Touching Two Worlds, explores new strategies for finding wholeness in the aftermath of loss.
- Why leaders may have a hard time addressing mental health topics with their teams
- How Sherry personally experienced grief and loss (and its effect on her career)
- Why the Great Resignation was a wake-up call for employers
- Comparative suffering, compartmentalization, and what it means for us to “touch two worlds”
Here are other resources I mention:
- Order Touching Two Worlds today!
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Shit Together
- ZenFounder & MindCurious podcasts
- Follow Sherry on social media @SherryWalling
Stay connected to Diary of a Doer:
Have you subscribed to my podcast? If the answer is no, I’d love for you to subscribe. Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
If you’re feeling really generous, I’d love for you to give me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps me out a ton!
If you like this episode, you may be interested in:
How to Lead When You’re in a Hard Season of Life (Season 3, Episode 15)
Unapologetically Build a Business On Your Own Terms (Season 3, Episode 11)
The Retention Roadmap: Encourage (Season 3, Episode 03)
Schedule a FREE strategy call!
A Leader’s New Hire Checklist
Connect with Priority VA
Follow me at @Trivinia